FREESTYLE LIBRE 2 SENSOR
Easy application of the sensor and painless scanning of your glucose readings. The sensor can be worn on the back of the upper arm for up to 14 days.
DISCOVER FREESTYLE LIBRE 2
The FreeStyle Libre 2 sensor is designed to be easy to apply and comfortable to wear. It’s small, discreet and can scan glucose readings through clothing
Pain free and comfortable
4 out of 5 patients feel that the sensor is placed without pain and rate the wearing of the sensor as comfortable
Anytime and everywhere
High tech in the smallest space
ATTACHING THE SENSOR
The FreeStyle Libre 2 sensor is attached to the back of the upper arm using the sensor applicator. When attaching the sensor to the body, a thin, flexible, sterile filament is inserted just under the skin. The sensor is fixed with a thin, transparent adhesive film and can be worn for up to 14 days.
SCANNING THE SENSOR
To measure glucose, you need the FreeStyle Libre 2 reader or the FreeStyle LibreLink app. Hold the reader or your smartphone close to your sensor. The painless 1 second scan provides a quick and unobtrusive way to measure glucose – even through your clothing.
GET THE READINGS
With each scan with the reader or smartphone via the sensor, the current glucose value, the glucose history of the last 8 hours and a trend arrow are displayed. This shows whether the glucose value is rising, falling or changing only slowly.
KNOW HOW TO ACCURATELY
MONITOR YOUR GLUCOSE LEVELS
- Check your glucose with a painless scan instead of ﬁngersticks
- Signiﬁcantly reduce your A1c with a continuous glucose monitoring (CGM) system for adults and children ages 4 years and above with diabetes
For ages 4 & up
- Our first CGM system available for adults and children with diabetes, ages 4 years and above
- The FreeStyle Libre 2 app for iPhone and Android smartphone users
- A compatible reader
Customize your alarms¶ to notify you if you have a
- Low glucose reading
- High glucose reading
- Loss of signal between the sensor and FreeStyle Libre 2 app or reader